“Ermm… What song shall we sing today?”
With so many nursery rhymes it’s often hard to choose or maybe your mind has just gone blank! Introducing the ‘Sing with Me Nursery Rhyme Bag’, it takes the guesswork out of song time and allows everyone to be involved! The concept is simple, each object in the bag is relevant to a certain nursery rhyme, whether it is a bucket for “Jack & Jill” or a gorgeous spider finger puppet for “Incy Wincy Spider”, kids will love exploring the tactile song props in the bag. We have included a printout of the lyrics for each song which doubles as a cue sheet so you know exactly what song each prop links too. We know everyone will have their favourite songs too so there are three blank cards for you to write your own songs onto to make sure they are not missed out!
So how would you use the Sing with Me Bag?
Start off by gathering the children (and parents if present) around in a circle. Then simply ask for one child to come and choose a toy from the bag. Let them have a quick rummage (with no peaking!) and pull an item from the bag. Ask the child to show the rest of group what they have chosen and then you can lead the chosen song altogether! It’s a great way to get everyone involved in song time as even the littlest ones that are part of the group can still pick an item from the bag. Simply repeat this as many times as you like or only put a set amount of objects in the bag for the time you have available, this way there is a clear endpoint when there is nothing left in the bag! For the leader, you can also only put in the bag the songs you are confident leading to avoid working out a song as you go…
|Original Set – 12 song objects included are:|
– Rubber Duck (5 Little Ducks)
– Toy Tractor (Bumping Up and Down on a Big Red Tractor)
– Black Sheep Finger Puppet (Baa, Baa Black Sheep)
– Farm Animal Toy (Old MacDonald) animal and size may vary from picture
– 3D Printed Star (Twinkle Twinkle)
– Spider Finger Puppet (Incy Wincy Spider)
– Bobbin (Wind the Bobbin Up)
– Metal Bucket (Jack and Jill)
– 3D Print Mouse and Clock (Hickory Dickory Dock)
– Humpty Dumpty Finger Puppet (Humpty Dumpty)
*– 3D Printed Crown (Who’s the King of the Jungle)
*– 3D Printed Jesus Heart (Jesus Love Is Very Wonderful)
… also includes three blank cards to add your own favourites too!
Nursery Edition (* swapped with)
– 3D Printed Silver Bell (Mary Mary, Quite Contrary)
|Expansion Set – 12 song objects included are:|
– 3D Printed Rocket Ship (Zoom, Zoom, Zoom)
– 3D Printed Teapot (I’m a Little Teapot)
– Rabbit Finger Puppet (Sleeping Bunnies)
– 3D Printed Fish (Once I Caught a Fish Alive)
– Wood Nutcracker Soldier (Grand Old Duke)
– Boat (Row, Row, Row Your Boat)
– Chimp Finger Puppet (Five Little Monkeys)
– 3D Printed Bus (Wheels on the Bus)
– 3D Printed Smily Face (If You’re Happy and You Know It)
– Horse Toy (Horsey, Horsey Don’t You Stop)
*– Foam Globe (Our God is a Great Big God)
*– Cow Finger Puppet (Mr. Cow, How Do You Say to the Lord, I Love You)
Nursery Edition (* swapped with)
All contained in a large cotton drawstring bag. Please note, the bag design has changed from the hot air balloon pattern to a pale blue colour with the ‘Sing with Me’ design on the side.
“We bought a ‘Sing with Me’ Song Bag from the Care for the Family Playtime Conference and I have to say, both our toddler groups LOVE it. Certain items come out every week eg the tractor! So we have to restrict the song choices a bit and not put every item in every week. And it’s excellent value for money. I did a quick tally of how much it would cost if I bought each item individually and made my own bag, but there is no way I could compete with the price and the quality of yours. Thank you.”
“I’m a Childminder and bought this bag with extension set after seeing how much the children enjoy it at a couple of the toddler groups we attend. We have used our bag every day since it arrived and the children can’t wait for us to get it out – the children love having it at my house! It is also covering most areas of the EYFS whilst being fun and engaging for the children. Wish I’d bought it sooner!” ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Please note, this item and the objects inside are not toys and children must be supervised at all times.