Much has been said in recent years about the declining influence of Christianity in schools with many worried that schools no longer welcome the involvement of their local church. Indeed, stories appear in the press almost weekly about the death of RE lessons and the decline of the school assembly and yet this is very far from the truth.
There are still many opportunities for churches to support their local schools in creative and practical ways and to build positive relationships which can support whole school communities. It is hoped that this book will provide a tool to enable puppet ministry teams to do just that!
NOW INCLUDES CD with pre-recorded scripts ready to use!
Each Assembly Includes:
– Bible Passage
– Puppet Script
– Time or Reflection
– Optional Prayer
– The Friendship Bracelet (Appreciation, Luke 17:11-19)
– The Painting Lesson (Forgiveness, Matthew 18:21-35)
– The Skipping Rope (Honesty, Genesis 37:12-37, Genesis 42)
– The Paper Butterflies (Quality, 1 Kings 5, 1 Kings 6)
– The Monitor Jobs (Responsibility, Matthew 25:14-30)
– The School Uniform (Self Respect, Genesis 1)
– The Football Game (Tolerance, Matthew 19:13-14)
– The Band Practice (Unity, 1 Corinthians 12:12-31)
– The Big Match (Equality, Galatians 3:28)
– The Packet of Sweets (Sharing, John 6:1-14)
– The Argument (Respect, Colossians 3:20-21)
– The New Girl (Friendship, Luke 10:25-37)
Available as a printed book (with CD), PDF download or on a USB Memory Stick.