This comprehensive guide to puppet ministry will help you organise and direct your puppet team. Whether you’re seeking to start a puppet ministry or just to improve your existing one, this book’s for you! Practical help and priceless insights will help you navigate the details necessary for an exciting, faith-building, life-impacting, dynamic puppet ministry.
In this book you get nine all new, ready to use puppet scripts for your ministry, expert insight and proven ideas from renowned leaders, practical help, tips and step by step guidelines for starting your puppet ministry. Learn how to recruit the right people, rehearse, make stages, organise your ministry, plan tours, writing your own puppet scripts and more!
– Why Puppet Ministry? (Benefits of puppet ministry, a philosophy of puppet ministry)
– Getting Started (The team size, team members, defined ministry, your role as director, a question of money)
– The Puppet Family Tree (Introducing the family, choosing your puppets, caring for your tools)
– Brining Puppets to Life (Standing in the spotlight, making all the right moves, dressing the part, creating character through voice)
– Designing a Programme (Choosing your material, putting it all together, burn out or rust out)
– Practice Makes Perfect (Effective policies, productive planning, successful scheduling)
– Write On! (Finding your inspiration, developing your style, choosing your characters, making a scene, matching your audience, writing it down)
– All the World’s a Stage (Stage matters, props and prop racks, sound advice, beautiful scenery, brilliant lighting, other special lighting, one step at a time)
– Using Puppets in Outreach Ministry (Setting up a tour, working as a team, making memories)
– Avoiding the Puppet Cemetery (Cemetery tour, an ongoing ministry)
– Puppet Scripts (Where’s the Fire? Name That Commandment! David Fights Goliath, A Night with the Lions, A Fish Story, Good News Bad News, He Touched Me! A Picnic for Five Thousand and Hide and Seek)