A parachute adds a fun element to the session whether this is team building or to aid devotions at a puppet team rehearsal or part of a children’s Sunday, midweek or Holiday Club programme. It can be used to in schools to teach literacy, numeracy, environmental education, creative writing, religious education, heath and physical aspects of the curriculum.
This fun book has been written by Jan Dyer and gives you the reader many ideas and suggestions on how to obtain more out of your parachute as a teaching tool as well as fun.
– Why Use a Parachute?
– Parachute Safety
– Ideas to get you going
– Core Parachute Activities: Waves, mushroom, sitting under, switch overs, surfing ball, fun ball, crocs and socks, pelican and fish
– Worship Ideas: Interpreting lyrics of songs, as an ‘instrument’ and using colour
– Telling Bible Stories
– Creative Story Telling: The Story of Creation, Jonah and the Big Fish, the Feeding of the 5,000, Jesus Walks on Water, The Lost Sheep, Lewis the Leaf, The Lost Coin, The Hidden Treasure, The Pearl without Price and Noah
– Prayer: Bounce a Prayer (2 ideas), Prayer for the Nations, Prayer for the Local Schools, Sorry Prayer, Receiving Prayer, Tent Prayer, Blessing and Amen
– Additional Book and CD Resources