We better let him introduce himself… “Greetings, hailing from the ancient hunting grounds of the New Forest National Park, I am Montague Leopold William Fitzgerald the Third, but for those less esteemed, you may wish to simplify that to ‘Monty’. I am the Third Cousin, once removed to the highly prestigious American Donkey, Edward. I also like to name drop my ancient Israeli ancestors, like Mordechai, the donkey who carried Jesus…”
Phew, now that he has finished, we’re delighted to introduce you to Monty! He’s the latest donkey puppet designed and built by our One Way UK Creative Productions team. A fantastic choice for those looking for that unique new puppet this Easter, full of character and energy with a beautiful level of detail. Super lightweight at only 370g and incredibly easy to use too!
Hand built with pride by the talented One Way UK Creative Production’s team of professional builders, who have a focus on creating the highest quality puppets, that not only look fantastic but are full of character and simple to use. He also features our signature ball grip in the mouth, for a super comfortable grip and easy to move mouth.
- Hand built in the UK by our team of professional puppet builders
- Approx height 55cm tall, approx. Arm span – 80cm.
- Incredibly easy to use and lightweight, weighing in at only 370g (without arm rods)
- Versatile and full of character, he is just waiting for you to bring him to life!
- Operated by one hand in the mouth of the puppet (entry at the base of his body) and the other hand controlling the two arm rods, animating Monty’s arms
- Also available as a full body character (see options above)
- Available exclusively from One Way UK.
Puppet options explained:
- Arm Rods – To truly get the most out of your puppet, we always recommend adding a pair of arm rods to animate your puppet’s arms. Easily attached with an elastic band around the wrist of the puppet, they can now point, scratch their head, fold their arms, applaud and even more.
Standard Rods (+£6) – Our original wooden handle with steel rod design
Stealth Rods (+£9.99) – Upgrade to our beautifully made ‘stealth’ rods. These arm rods are finished with a matt black coating to help them disappear and blend into the background.
- Puppet Storage Bag – These are made exclusively for One Way UK and are suitable for up to two large puppets. With a clear window so you can see who is inside, an arm rod storage slot and a hanging hook for easy transport and storage, they really are the best way of keeping your puppets safe, clean and ready to perform.
- Full Body – Enhance your puppet with legs to create a complete puppet that can be taken outside of the stage and used for storytelling, solo performances/puppetry or interacting with the audience.
Standard Full Body (+£50) – The entry to the puppet is still in the same position as the half body version (at the base), but two legs to match the style of the arms are added to the front of the puppet.
Vent Full Body (+£100) – The body of the puppet is adapted so that the entry position for your hand is now at the back of the body making the puppet rest in a natural position which is easy to operate alongside you. The legs are also attached lower down, creating a more authentic ‘standing’ position for your puppet.