Are you looking for a presentation idea to link
with the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee?
We’ve got this covered!
Here are 6 fantastic objects and 3 ways you can use them…
School Assembly, Children’s or Family Talk | Dog in a Bag Props | Puppet Performance
There is something about an Object Lesson that just seems to work! Whether that’s in the main church service as part of a children’s talk, getting everyone involved and interacting, or in kids church when working with a smaller group of kids, or maybe a video for an online presentation. Having objects to go with your talk creates a focal point and makes the message so much more memorable…
Introducing our Jubilee Object Lessons Set, featuring a set of six objects all linked to and celebrating a different aspect of the Queen’s life, her faith and witness over her 70 year reign and even… her favourite animal! This set, with scripts included, will help you involve the children as you share about the Queen and some of the things that we can learn. So how can this set be used?
Option 1) Dog in a Bag Presentation
– Originally designed and written with the Dog in a Bag Puppet in mind, the objects can be hidden inside the puppets bag and brought out through the performance as each prop is mentioned in the included script.
Option 2) Puppet Performance
– An adaption of the solo script but changed into a two person version. A person out front links with a puppet within the stage to tell the story (2 person script included), the puppet brings out the objects through the story to tie everything together.
Option 3) School Assembly, Children’s or Family Talk (with option to order additional bags, select from buttons above)
– This set can also be used without any puppets, by simply sharing the message and the meaning behind each of the objects as you bring them out of the included drawstring bag. To enhance the message further and to make it more interactive, why not choose to order an additional six drawstring bags? Before the presentation, place an object in each of the bags and hide them around the room, as you start your presentation ask the children (or select six children when using in a school assembly) to hunt around the room to find the bags (you can hold up the original bag so they know what they are looking for), once they are all found, gather the children at the front and one by one they can open the bags and you can explore the meaning behind each item together.
Object Lesson Set Includes:
– 3D Printed Gold Crown (50mm across)
– Shatterproof Ruler (150mm long)
– 3D Printed Silver Anchor (65mm tall)
– 3D Printed Corgi (70mm across)
– Squashable Globe (60mm across)
– 3D Printed Cross (65mm tall)
– Cotton Drawstring Bag for storing the objects (15cm x 20cm) (or a total of seven if additional bag option chosen above)
– Script for Solo Puppeteer (whispering technique)
– Script for Two People (puppeteer and person out front)
– Summary of the teaching points for each Object
– Link to video of Ian performing the whole script for you to learn from and to inspire your creativity using a Dog in a Bag Puppet.
Add a dog in a bag puppet to complete your set and with a short time of practice you will have a special engaging and interactive family talk, assembly or community group message for all your Platinum Jubilee events!
Some of the objects included in this set are printed on our set of 3D printers in biodegradeable PLA. Due to the nature of 3D printing, not all surfaces will be perfectly smooth and slight imperfections can occur. Each finished piece is quality checked before being packed.