This 26 page book develops some of the moral issues involved in using performing arts in the ministry. The scope is broader than magic and ventriloquism, though these are the two specific media that receive much of the criticism. The purpose of this booklet is to help the Christian performer investigate some of the issues for himself and to think through his own position. This will give him the confidence that what he’s doing is right… and will also help him to give an answer to any honest person who questions his use of these media, especially as a venue for communicating spiritual messages.
– The problem of vocabulary
– What the Bible says about magic
– The relationship between magic/ventriloquism/occult
– A biblical justification for using magic – The ethics of deception
– Who gets the glory?
– How good do you have to be?
– An all-consuming passion
– Expensive equipment
– Who are we “reaching”?
– Thou shalt not steal
– In conclusion