Custard is the people’s monster! Built for you, named by you on our Facebook Page and perfect for your team. Invest in this fuzzy bundle of love and he will bring puppets (and humans alike) together in his mission to bring your performances to life.
This ambidextrous giant brings diversity and sophistication to the stage as a talented musician, an expert in signing for the deaf, a praise party leader and an all-round ‘hands on’ performer. Whatever the task, Custard will be sure to take hold of it with both hands and embrace your audience with his warm and loveable character.
Custard is precision built by hand by the One Way UK Creative Production team of professional puppet builders for the highest quality finish and function. Features our signature ball grip in the mouth. Please note, the face shown in the main product picture is no longer available, Custard’s face will now look like the picture marked with ‘3’ (round blue nose, dome eyes with red eyelids).
- Hand built in the UK by our team of professional puppet builders
- Approx. 65cm tall with a huge arm span of 1.25m! Lightweight and easy to use.
- Versatile and full of character, just waiting for you to bring him to life!
- The human arm version can be operated by one or two people. For operation by one person, the puppeteer’s hand would go into the mouth of the puppet (entry at the base of his body) and the other hand in one of Custard’s arms. For operation by two people, one person would operate the mouth of the puppet and the other would operate both of the human arms. Alternatively, one person could operate the mouth and one arm and the other person just operate one arm.
- Available exclusively from One Way UK.
Puppet options explained:
- Arm Option – This puppet is available with either human arms (the puppeteer’s hands slot into the fur and form the puppet’s hands) or the other option is standard arms (a pair of fitted black arm rods are included)
- Puppet Storage Bag – These are made exclusively for One Way UK and are suitable for up to two large puppets. With a clear window so you can see who is inside, an arm rod storage slot and a hanging hook for easy transport and storage, they really are the best way of keeping your puppets safe, clean and ready to perform!
- Full Body – Enhance your puppet with legs to create a complete puppet that can be taken outside of the stage and used for storytelling, solo performances/puppetry or interacting with the audience. Only available when rod arm style puppet is chosen (not human arm).
Standard Full Body (+£50) – The entry to the puppet is still in the same position as the half body version (at the base), but two legs to match the style of the arms are added to the front of the puppet.
Vent Full Body (+£100) – The body of the puppet is adapted so that the entry position for your hand is now at the back of the body making the puppet rest in a natural position which is easy to operate alongside you. The legs are also attached lower down, creating a more authentic ‘standing’ position for your puppet.