Our Training Days are very much ‘hands on’, our aim is that by the end of the day each delegate will know how to manipulate a puppet correctly, have learnt a complete routine, performed a song and will have an insight into the benefits of Puppet Ministry in reaching people for Jesus.
Generally speaking the first hour of the day is spent discussing the theory and the rest of the day is putting the theory into practice with other ideas shown throughout the day. We find that this method provides an ideal balance between hands on practice and the delegates leaving inspired, encouraged and full of ideas! We will also bring a wide selection of our resources with us including puppets, CDs, scripts, Gospel illusions, books and more.
Training Days are for adults and young people, those who are curious as to how puppetry can enhance your outreach, schools workers, church leaders, Sunday school teachers, youth/children's workers or those already involved in puppet ministry and wanting to improve or refresh their skills!
What One Way UK Will Provide
Leading up to the event:
- We will provide you with leaflets and printed A4 posters to distribute
- We will provide a complete Training Day Marketing Pack and Guide, with digital artwork, suggested wording, posters, social media banners, PowerPoint slides etc. Giving you a detailed step-by-step guide to promoting the event in your local area
- We will mailshot our customer database in your area/surrounding Counties and also email our customer database in the weeks leading up to the event
- We will manage all bookings that come in for the event (with the exception of the delegates who book as part of the host church)
On the day:
- We will lead the whole day with a team of experienced puppeteers
- We will provide all required equipment to run the day (sound system, practice puppets, arm rods, puppet staging etc.)
- We will bring with us a wide range of resources which will be available for sale during the day
Host Church Responsibilities
Leading up to the event:
- Using our Marketing Pack and Guide, promote the event to your local churches, schools, networks.
- You may need to take delivery of a few large boxes of resources in the week prior to the event and store them after the event, ready for collection, these are then usually collected on the Monday/Tuesday.
On the day:
- Open the venue by 7:45am for set-up, the actual training day runs from 10:00am to 4:30pm, with registration starting at 9:30am. We will be offsite by approx. 5:30pm.
- Supply approx. eight 6ft tables to display our resources
- Supply refreshments (tea, coffee, squash), four times throughout the day (delegates bring their own packed lunch)
The venue for the Training Day needs to have the following:
– A room to seat a minimum of 100 people, approx. 100sqm (needed for the hands on parts of the day, this space will also be used to display our resources that will be available on the day)
– One or two smaller rooms (to seat a minimum of 30 people, approx. 35sqm for size but needs to be an open area) for group work in the afternoon
– An area to serve refreshments (ideally within the main venue, rather than a separate room)
– Car parking and disabled facilities
Costs to the Host Church:
There is a single cost of £150 to the host church, this includes up to 12 places for members of the host church attending the training day as delegates. Any bookings after the first 12 from the host church will be at the normal £18 per person rate.
Interested? Here's how to get in touch...
1) Simply complete our quick online form and we will be in touch -
2) Speak to David by calling our events number - 01472 241068 or email email@example.com
3) Print off this form (PDF), complete the details and post it to:
One Way UK (Events), Ice House Christian Centre, Victor Street, Grimsby, DN32 7QN