We would love to partner with enthusiatic host churches for our
Puppet Ministry Training Days taking place in 2020
"I wanted to say how professional your team have been through the whole process, you have all been helpful and accommodating, I would absolutely consider hosting another training day. The feedback has been wonderful, we left the training feeling inspired and creative, and with a few new puppets too! Thank you so much and please pass on my thanks to Ian and Jenny, they were a delight to work with."
Susan W (previous Training Day Host)
What is a Puppet Training Day?
Taking place on Saturdays through the year and throughout the UK, our Training Days are great fun and very much ‘hands on’, our aim is that by the end of the day each delegate will know how to manipulate a puppet correctly, have learnt a complete routine, leave with plenty of ideas and will be inspired to how Puppet Ministry is an incredibly powerful tool for outreach.
The first hour of the day is spent unpacking why we use puppets, sharing our story and experiences and the rest of the day is putting the theory into practice with plenty of ideas and demonstrations shown throughout the day. We find that this method provides an ideal balance between hands on practice and the delegates leaving inspired, encouraged and full of ideas ready to put into action! We will also bring a wide selection of our resources with us including puppets, CDs, scripts, Gospel illusions, books and more.
Suitable for adults and children (we recommend 9 years old and up), schools workers, church leaders, Sunday school teachers, toddler groups, youth/children's workers or those already involved in puppet ministry and wanting to improve or refresh their skills!
What One Way UK Will Provide
Leading up to the event:
- We will provide you with leaflets and printed A4 posters to distribute
- We will provide a complete Training Day Marketing Pack and Guide, with digital artwork, suggested wording, posters, social media banners, PowerPoint slides etc. Giving you a detailed step-by-step guide to promoting the event in your local area
- We will mailshot our customer database in your area/surrounding Counties and also email our customer database in the weeks leading up to the event
- We will manage all bookings that come in for the event (with the exception of the delegates who book as part of the host church)
On the day:
- We will lead the whole day with a passionate team of experienced puppeteers
- We will provide all required equipment to run the day (sound system, practice puppets, arm rods, puppet staging etc.)
- We will bring with us a brilliant range of resources which will be available for sale during the day
Host Church Responsibilities
Leading up to the event:
- Using our Marketing Pack and Guide, promote the event to your local churches, schools, networks etc. We will help you throughout to make sure you have everything you need to raise awareness of the event in your area as much as possible. This is a crucial part of making the day a success!
On the day:
- Open the venue by 7:45am for set-up, the actual training day runs from 10:00am to 4:30pm, with registration opening at 9:30am. We will be offsite by approx. 5:30pm.
- Provide approx. eight 6ft tables to display our resources
- Provide refreshments (tea, coffee, squash), four times throughout the day (delegates bring their own packed lunch)
The venue for the Training Day needs to have the following:
– A main room to seat a minimum of 100 people, approx. 100sqm (needed for the hands on parts of the day, this space will also be used to display our range of resources)
– One or two smaller rooms (to seat a minimum of 25 people, approx. 30sqm for size but needs to be an open area) for group work in the afternoon
– An area to serve refreshments (ideally within the main room, rather than a separate room)
– Options for car parking and accesssible facilities
Costs to the Host Church:
There is a single cost of £150 to the host church, this includes up to 12 places for members of the host church attending the training day as delegates. Any bookings after the first 12 from the host church will be at the normal £20 per person rate.
But you could get back £150... NEW FOR 2020 we are now offering that if the total number of attendees (including those from your church) exceed 50 delegates, you will receieve the original £150 back to spend on resources of your choice on the day! So not only will you have a fantastic day of training you will also have plenty of resources to get started with as well!
Please note, in the very unlikely situation that the Training Day has to be cancelled due to low numbers (20 delegates or less including those from the host church) then a 50% refund will be given from the original £150 paid.
Interested? Here's how to get in touch...
1) Simply complete our quick online form and we will be in touch -
2) Speak to Jenny by calling - 01472 241068 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Use the Live Chat feature on our website to talk to the team (available during office hours only)